Today’s society is always connected to the Internet and our smart phones never leave our hands. On one side, technology enables us to connect with loved ones who live far away and provides access to a greater scope of knowledge than ever before. On the other side, it also causes us to be less present in the moment and means we’re spending most of our time in front of a screen.
This trend has caused the dating scene to shift online as well. More people now meet via dating sites than in person. Again, this poses benefits and challenges. While it’s more difficult to meet someone organically, you can peruse the dating pool and get to know potential mates from the comfort of your own home.
Online dating is a completely different game than traditional dating. For anyone considering online dating, or for those already using a site, here are a few do’s and don’ts to make the most of your experience:
- Give it a try! Online dating seems scary, but it can actually be less stressful than meeting someone in person. Sign up for a free site and give it a few weeks – if you don’t like it, you can always delete your profile.
- Be strategic about the information in your profile. Include that you’re a cat lover and frequently crave Mexican food, but leave out the fact that your last relationship didn’t end well. Treat your profile like a resume – position yourself in the best possible light.
- Let a friend know if you’re going on a first date. If you’re meeting someone in person for the first time, tell a trusted friend where you’re going and everything you know about the person you’re meeting. Better safe than sorry!
- Lie on your online profile. It may be tempting to exaggerate your past experiences or tell a small fib when it comes to your appearance, but it will undoubtedly backfire on you in the future. If someone isn’t happy with who you are, it’s best to let them pass you by instead of lying to win their affection.
- Share personal information too early. You can’t trust everyone on the Internet, and it’s likely that you’ll encounter one or two people with less than honorable intentions. Don’t give away your address, phone number or any other personal information until you’re entirely comfortable.
- Be crushed by a bad date. You’ll probably be going on more dates in a shorter timeframe, so you’re more likely to go out with someone you could never imagine yourself with. If this happens to you, focus on having fun in the moment and learning something from the other person. There’s plenty of fish in the sea, so don’t get disappointed if your first date isn’t a catch.
Online dating is fun, and it’s a great way to meet people. You can spend a lot of time talking with someone and getting to know them on a personal level before ever meeting in person, which is a great way to calm any nerves you may have before a date.
Just remember to trust your intuition. If you get a bad feeling about someone, it’s best to trust your judgement and end the relationship before you get more involved. If you get a good feeling about someone but they aren’t the type of person you imagine yourself with, trust your gut and don’t count them out just yet.
Struggling with your intuition to tell if he or she is the right one for you? Our online psychics at Absolute Soul Secrets can help! Our specialty is relationship psychic readings so why not call one of our phone psychics today. Go to www.absolutesoulsecrets.com to find the number to call us (cost of a local call to inquire) from your country.
You never know until you try!