Winter is a Time for Removing Obstacles to Create New Beginnings
Welcome to the cold hibernation of Winter. It is a time for staying home, managing your energy and getting more sleep. The Winter Solstice is just around the corner on the 21st – 23rd June in Australia, and it celebrates the rebirth of the sun god/goddess the following day. It is the shortest day and longest night of the year.
This is great time to re-consider your time management, so that you can achieve more with your time. Managing your time can also help you to manifest your goals and targets for different time periods. I use a time management system for the day, month and year for several different areas where I want to manifest things. Focusing on the plan I wish to manifest by writing it down and thinking about it is key, and a very important step towards manifestation of physical reality.
You might consider now thinking about exactly what you want to manifest during the remainder of this year, and then do a ritual during the Winter Solstice to remove obstacles to whatever you intend to manifest.
Go to a forest if you can and devise a simple ritual you can do there. If there is a stream nearby that would be an added bonus. Light a red candle and write your obstacles down on a piece of paper, be as specific as you can. Next, burn the piece of paper of obstacles in the candle flame, or release them into the flowing stream.
As you are doing this, say something like “I call upon all powers to help me end this fight. An obstacle has been placed before me. May (name obstacle) become a part of my past with this spell I have cast.” Think about all the spiritual powers that are available to you – all the different orders of angels, the energy of the planets, the stars and the universe. You may even wish to think about those friends, relatives and ancestors who have passed over who can also assist you with your issue.
A visualisation I started a few years ago involved seeing a road before me (if there is another person involved, visualise the two of you walking down the road together with hands held). Notice when you conjure up this image, if it is a clear road, if it changes direction, if it is dark or light. Make it as real as possible with as much detail as you can visualise.
One road I was looking at had so many obstacles that instead of trying to get rid of them all or finding a way around them, I decided to get in an earthmoving team and make a whole new road. You can do that too if you have a really insurmountable problem you want to be free of. I do this visualisation every day and I believe it is happening on some level somewhere right now.
If your obstacle involves a person, this following useful spiritual practice called Ho’oponopono will help. Basically you meditate and chant the following mantra:
I love you – I am sorry – I forgive you – thank you. This mantra has power.
The process of Ho’oponopono:
Bring to mind anyone with whom you do not feel total alignment or support. In your mind’s eye, construct a small stage below you.
- Imagine an infinite source of love and healing flowing from a source above the top of your head (your ‘Higher Self’) and let the source of love and healing flow down inside your body, fill up the body, and overflow out your heart to heal the person on the stage. Be sure it is alright for you, to heal the person and that they accept the healing.
- When the healing is complete, have a discussion with the person, forgive them and have them forgive you.
- Next, let go of the person and see them floating away. As they do, cut the cord that connects the two of you (if appropriate). If you are healing a current primary relationship, then assimilate the person inside you.
- Do this with every person in your life with whom you are incomplete or not aligned. The final test is, can you see the person or think of them without feeling negative emotions? If you do feel negative emotions when you do, then do the process again.
- After the Winter Solstice, when you have removed all obstacles, then it is a time to start planning the manifestation of your dreams when you plant the physical seeds of success in Springtime.
Get ready for great things coming!