Sometimes life gets pretty tough and dark and a term sometimes used “Walking the dark night of the soul” isn’t far from the truth. It is during this time a sense of loneliness might be experienced; there’s no-one around to provide comfort or support and we think to ourselves no-one understands and cry “I’ve tried everything” and struggle to find the switch to turn the light back on.
This would be a pretty good time to call in for some spiritual help. When spirit answers in whatever shape it presents itself, a chance then exists for either doing something about it or not. If nothing changes, then nothing changes.
An example of receiving spiritual help could be through reading a sentence in a book that speaks volumes to you, it may be words you hear in passing conversation, or maybe spiritual help presents itself during your dream state; there are many ways this can happen.
For example, if I’m going to visit a bookstore I might call upon ‘The Library Angel’. I ask this angel to guide me to a book containing the answers I need, the great thing is it works for me every time, no matter how tiny the book or whether its been misplaced out of its category. I also walk around parks touching trees, admiring flowers and breathing in the wonderful energy when I’m there. Nature spirits abound in these places, and are great for connecting with them as well as you, and for asking for a bit of spiritual help.
From experience, I know many who cringe at asking for something (anything really) and I once did too, however if you really need some help and you’ve tried others ways that haven’t helped, spirit or whatever you call ‘it’ won’t mind. However, be careful what you wish for because you will get it and it may not be in the form you wanted.
Below are 10 great ways to receive a little spiritual help.
- Learn meditation and practise daily for greatest mind, body, spirit results.
- If you pray include in your prayer “What do I need to do to help me make things better for me?”
- Receive answers to your questions through meditative practice – it works.
- Connect with your spirit through walks in a park, along a beach, or through other spiritual practices.
- Before going to sleep at night, step into a calm state of mind and call upon your guidance or whatever you call ‘it’ (eg angel, spiritual guide, God etc) and ask that your issue is sorted during your dream state. Notice and become aware of how you are the following morning, keep a journal entry, and open yourself to opportunities.
- Ask ‘The Library Angel’ to guide you to your own book of answers the next time you decide to visit a bookstore.
- If books are not in the budget, join a library, they’re fun to visit and just the place to meet up with ‘The Library Angel’.
- Practise patience and mindfulness. The benefit of this is greater objectivity and clarity of thought.
- Let go. Do something totally different to distract you even if it’s only for a few hours (design a collage of all the things you love, try some sand art, or finger painting, clean out your wardrobe of all the things you can do without etc). Thoughts are energy. Whatever you think of is what you’ll get more of.
- Try an aromatherapy essential oil blend of 4 drops Sweet orange, 2 drops Bergamot, 3 drops Cypress and 2 drops Lavender. This blend is for joy, happiness, calm, and painful transitions.
It costs nothing to ask for a little spiritual help, all it takes is an open mind and becoming aware of the endless, subtle possibilities around us.